Give the gift of inspiration

Designed to fire up your interest, Enthusiasm is a fascinating and hopeful novel based on the author’s own true story. In this exceptional masterpiece, Abbott narrates the journey of her life and shares how enthusiasm plays a vital role in pursuing her dream in the writing world—with English as her second language—in her new country.

Here, she exemplifies her experiences, her family and relationships, her inspirations, and her passage towards her remarkable goals. This novel is a reflection of her own life, how she faces obstacles, how she handles life, how she inspires others, how she touches other people’s lives through her works, and how she achieved the amazing successes of her life and endeavors—a perfect blend of life’s spices.

Through Enthusiasm: A Novel Based on the Author's Own True Story, you will be affected by the author’s wonderful story. Filled with hope and inspiration, strength and enthusiasm, this book will draw out the best within your heart and mind.

Available in paperback, hardcover and e-book. Get free S+H, visit these websites:

For book stores, retailers and wholesalers, please visit:

Friday, December 18, 2015

What Do You Like About Christmas?

Christmas 2016
When I was in Indonesia, Christmas was the busy season for me and the Vocal Groups I joined. We got invitations to sing in Christmas services: churches, companies, offices, etc. As I moved to USA, it became different. I didn't sing anymore but finally I became St. Claus Lady for my family. Isn't it fun?!

I really enjoy being a St. Claus. As I love giving, St. Claus is a perfect match of character I can be. Although without any St. Claus outfit, but the spirit of giving is insight into me. 

Other things that I like about Christmas is togetherness. In this special time I would love to serve the best cook for my family. I tried to cook different menus every year although several members of family expect me to cook Nasi Soto Ayam. My daughters Mimi and Ariel asked this if I would make Nasi Soto Ayam for Christmas but I told them I didn't have ingredients and would make it next time. I hope they weren't sad.

Speaking about Christmas menu, I had been searching it. As I have many recipes books, I took a look several of them. After reviewing, finally I made a list.
* Christmas Eve: Louisiana crab dip with crackers, cookies and French stuff; Mocha eggnog or hot cocoa.
* Christmas Breakfast: Homemade sage sausage patties; pancake or praline French toast; creamy
   strawberry breeze and milk.
* Christmas Lunch: Mango chutney chicken curry or Moroccan chicken; Spinach spirals with mushroom sauce; Holiday hominy or Swiss scalloped potatoes; Honey whole wheat pan rolls or savory biscuits; rice; cranberry orange punch and Crystal Light.
* Christmas Dessert: Blackforest cake or cheesecake; French vanilla cream puffs or brown sugar cashew fudge.

I will ask my family to vote if they want to. If not, it's OK. I will decide which one I would like to make.

So . . . what do you like about Christmas? Meanwhile you might be thinking about this, take a look below some pictures from 2013: making cookies for Christmas.

My little daughter helped me making Nastar Cookies
Nastar Cookies (Indonesian cookies with caramelized pineapple filling


Homemade cookies by Fida and Ariel Abbott (Christmas 2013)



                                                                             ***
 
If you're interested to subscribe to this blog, please click the green sign below and follow its instruction. Subscribe!


Share/Save/Bookmark

What am I doing right now?
Follow me at Twitter 
You might be interested to participate in this special offering from Abbottsbooks.com: Take Two Benefits in One Action! about 1 minute ago from web

0 comments:

Labels

Launching 9/28/2009

free counters

About This Blog

It is my Personal Blog. Everything about my hobby, my interests, my thoughts, my writings, etc., I write them here. Enjoy!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP